Thursday, March 22, 2012

Something that bothered me

Okay I was in a conversation the other day with a lady in the grocery store. We were talking about children and stuff, then it came up about family size and the Duggars came up (of course - because if you have more than 2 kids you must be just like them right...)

Anyway, the idea was spoken that why would God give people such blessings when there are so many starving people in this world. Why would God care about x,y, or z and why doesn't He do something about the world's problems.

Um, I don't serve a God who is incapable of fixing the problems in this world. I serve a God who has commanded US to do that. There are lots of bible verses about caring for the poor, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, etc. He has provided a way for this to be done.

Compassion, Water Mission International, Habitat for Humanity, etc are good organizations you can support even when you can't get out there and do it yourself. But please, oh please, don't blame God for what we humans are failing to do...

3 comments:

Regina said...

I agree wholeheartedly!

Regina

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Yes!!! So true.

Thank you for your prayers for our family. We need them desperately.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Very good point! Thank you for your prayers on behalf of my sis and her family. It means the world!