Alright y'all. We are truly blessed to live in this country. The video you are about to see is about our persecuted family in Christ from other countries. Once you see this, you will be changed.
This link http://www.vimeo.com/1469363 will take you to a video, with images from Voice of The Martyrs along with others. The music is very loud, so you may want to mute your speakers before going there. Please also, do not have your children in the room, the images are very real, and very scary.
Please join me in praying for all those who believe despite these circumstances. I cry for these mothers. I cry for these fathers and pastors. They really need our prayers. Can you imagine being scared of torture for yourself or family to teach your children about our wonderful God?
I cannot.
We really have no clue what these people go through, or what their faith costs them here on earth. They cry out for the God of this universe to save and comfort them.
When was the last time any of us truly, unashamedly, witnessed to another?
Wednesday a lady commented on my family size in the dentist office. She asked how can I afford to feed such a "large" family of 6 with the grocery prices now days. I laughed. How many of my friends have twice the kids I do and they manage. Instead of truly telling her of my God and how he has provided these children and will feed them, I just said "Well God has blessed us"
After leaving, I started second guessing my comment. Did she understand I meant blessed with children? Did she think I meant we were rich (we're not). Did she roll her eyes and think bad things about us?
I failed at representing my husband and God that day. My husband works so hard for us all, and our God is faithful to provide with our ever increasing family.
Every new baby has me feeling how truly blessed we are. Instead of feeling like we are "done", I take my fertility more and more like the blessing it is.
I am not denying that there are days I let the devil take hold of my thoughts, as I see my neighbor send her children off to school as she goes to the nail salon and lunch with her girlfriends. And then brag about her dinner dates with her husband out. I hurt for her children. They are truly left out and they know it. Let my thoughts not be selfish, pity parties, but ones of gratefullness for what I am called to do and thankful for the ability to do it with the instructions of the Bible to guide me in doing so.
My prayer today is for the persecuted, and for my family. I want to raise warriors for Christ. I want my children to proclaim His promises, and teach others of these too. I want to live long enough to see our hard work pay off in many grandchildren who serve Christ and raise their families to serve Him as well. I will offer a prayer of thanksgiving as well to live in a place where I have the privilege to even contemplate these things. My prayer is not to fail in the task God has laid before me, as hard as it might seem right now, it is so easy compared to what the persecuted must face. My prayer is for the mothers and fathers fearing for their children, and trusting in Jesus still.
I hope the video pulls at your heart like it did mine.
could not be much cozier!
23 hours ago




No comments:
Post a Comment