Alright, starting a new school year slowly this year. Pear has asked to start school, so we did. the oldest 2 aren't so ready yet:)
Not that we have long, drawn out intensive days, but they said they just aren't ready for more to do.
We have worn out the Botkin DVDs we got in the spring. I have been so encouraged myself, especially after going to some homeschool things this year locally and saying to myself, have I been doing my daughters diservice the last 7 years from my homeschooling choices? I was very overwhelmed at the level of intensity some of these people approach academics.
And also so thankful for my wonderful husband, Mr Brown, who approaches this area of our life as part of it, not this academic set apart time. We enjoy studying history, and he is more concerned about the type of child we raise than hard core academics. We want to raise soldiers for God's Army first and foremost. Children who Love the Lord, Serve the Lord, Serve their Family and who can defend their faith without fear. Thank you Mr Brown, I am so blessed to have you as our leader!!
I need to find a Christian unschooling group locally :)
I am really looking foward to our scrapbooks/notebooks this year. We will be touring in January again and I can't wait. I love going when its cold. We bundle up, and I usually have a little one in a sling or carrier and its so much better than walking all around in the almost unbearable humid heat we have in the summer...
Well, I have another post but must go cook supper first.
Starfish
could not be much cozier!
23 hours ago




No comments:
Post a Comment