Friday, August 8, 2008

Faith in America

Well, I never got to my post last night. So here it is...

Do you ever wonder what would happen if a really "famous" person became a Christian? How it could change the world?

I was talking to a friend of mine about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. It is obvious they love children. My friend has 7 children so far, and I have 4 so far. We were talking about people looking at them and being so accepting of the large family they have. I do not doubt their love for the kids or each other, I just really wish they were married and Christian. They do great things for kids all over the world, the view children as blessings and they have both commented that they make absurd amounts of money and this is why they donate so much. What would America do if they got saved? Would most think they had just really lost their minds?

What about Larry King? I listened with tears as he interviewed the Chapmans last night. How well Steven and Mary Beth just let the Holy Spirit talk through them. They had been praying for that and you could really sense it. We had to watch it online because we don't get channels like that (we have Sky Angel and only get Clean/Christian channels) The peace that they had was amazing. Even Larry King made a comment that he wished he had faith. Has no one ever told him how easy it is?

We were watching Ray Comfort recently and made a comment to the effect of he has been a believer for 20 years and not even once has someone witnessed to him! What kind of statement! How sad that all these years NO ONE has asked him about his eternal destination. This is a sad fact of many Christians. We go about our business, rejoice if someone gets saved in church, never disciple them, and then count them in our church numbers to make us feel good about our outreaches.

I am not trying to be cynical, this is the truth about our way of life. Listening to Mr Botkin this summer has changed the way I look at going out. When we are out, we should be representing our heavenly Father first. Then as wives, we are representing our husbands house, and our children are representing their fathers house. This really makes it more meaningful to me. When I make a quick trip to the drug store or Walmart, I should be representing Christ and then Mr Brown. Am I doing this? Honestly no, I am terrible about this. I MUST be doing this. I am praying for this.

When we went to visit the nursing home on Sunday evening, I was walking down the hall and a lady called out to me as I was walking down the hall. Pepper and Pear were with me, as Mr Brown, peach and piglet were ahead of us. We walked in to see her and she was very confused from dementia. She was looking for her husband and his red car, and my heart was breaking for her. She was in her 80's and was telling me about how her son had just started college. Anyway, as I finished talking to her, she told me she knew the Lord was having her wait for something. I took a step sideways and ended up underneath a recessed light. She grabbed my hand and said "I know you were sent here from Him you beautiful girl form God. God Bless You, you are the only one who has stopped by today" I started crying so bad and I didn't want to upset her. I hugged her and went on my way. I was so blessed from her.

I want to be the hands and feet of God like this all the time . How many times have I walked by someone who was calling out but I did not hear. How many times have I not met a need in my own family because of my own selfish desire? How many times have I thought that someone else did not deserve my help, that they are only looking for a handout?

I am not to judge, and I must be more open to the Holy Spirit.

And to answer the above question, there are no famous people to God. We are ALL called to preach the Good news and show Jesus' love. For there is NO OTHER NAME by which we are saved than Jesus - Acts 4

Thanks for listening to my long, all over post, but this is what I have been pondering over the last couple weeks.

1 comment:

April said...

Have you heard any of the interviews with the former band memeber of KORN. Brian something? What God has done in him and his life is awesome to hear him talk. He is covered in tatoos and is scary looking otherwise, but everytime I hear him speak, I can't help but think..."You Go God!"